When a marriage is in trouble
If you think that your marriage is in trouble then it probably is and it’s time to get help.
So what do you do?
While there are no magical formulas there are certain steps that you can take that will lead you in the right direction.
Here are a few things that you can do immediately:
1) Remember that your relationship is worth fighting for. Decide to do whatever it takes to strengthen it.
2) Be intentional. Don’t just hope that things will get better. Develop a plan to improve things and follow it.
3) Commit to open and honest communication. Always try to begin with positive statements about what you love about your spouse. Let him/her know how you feel but steer clear of jabs, name calling, and flinging comments only to inflict pain and hurt.
4) Take a few moments to take the MyMarriageCoach quiz. Your Coaching Report will reveal exactly where the ‘weak spots’ are in your marriage and help you get your hands on the resources that you need.
5) Focus on making things better each day. Know that it will take time to restore and strengthen your marriage but you can turn things around.
6) Don’t go it alone. Lean on counselors, pastors, or good friends. Decide who you can talk to then go together to talk through the issues, express your feelings, and develop a plan to strengthen your relationship.
Most importantly, know that you can do this. You and your spouse may be in a difficult place right now, your relationship may be in trouble but know that things can change.